Find out how to register with Ofsted as a nanny, and what you will need to tell us about.
As a registered nanny, you can look after the children from 1 or 2 families at the same time. This will take place in one of those families’ homes.
If you register with Ofsted, your employers might be able to get Tax-Free Childcare.
Start working as a registered nanny
You can apply to register as a nanny with Ofsted, including as an au pair, if you want to look after other people’s children in their home.
- Apply to register as a nanny
Running your business
As a registered nanny, you must report to Ofsted any significant events affecting your childcare within 14 days.
- Report a serious childcare incident
- Childcare: reporting children’s accidents and injuries
Making payments to Ofsted
You will need to maintain your Ofsted registration with an annual fee.
- Pay your childcare or social care invoice
- Pay your Ofsted annual registration fee by direct debit
Published 12 October 2021 ContentsRecommend0 recommendationsPublished in