Waltham Forest College has become the latest further education provider to be welcomed as a corporate partner of the Society for Education and Training (SET).
The agreement will see over two-hundred teaching staff at the college become members of SET, the only professional membership body dedicated to teachers and trainers working in further education. They will benefit from a valuable range of professional development opportunities.
Announcing the partnership, College Principal Dr. Joy Kettyle said:
“This partnership will allow the College to be recognised as a corporate partner and by championing the quality of teaching and training, the professional development will allow our teaching staff to be further inspired by having access to high-quality teaching, learning and assessment resources and move us towards our journey to outstanding.”
As SET members, teaching staff at the college will:
- have the opportunity to study for Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) and Advanced Teacher Status (ATS). SET is the only passport to achieving both QTLS and ATS
- gain access to resources, training and teaching tools, research and expert views in further education
- enjoy benefits, such as the Society for Education and Training’s mentoring service
- be part of a professional community of over 17,000 teachers and trainers in the education sector, with opportunities to share expertise and experience with their peers
- receive copies of inTuition, the most widely read journal for practitioners working across further education, vocational teaching and training.
David Russell, Chief Executive of the Education and Training Foundation, said:
“Becoming a corporate partner of SET signals a college’s commitment to high-quality development for its staff and to the teaching of students. We are delighted to welcome Waltham Forest College as a corporate partner and look forward to providing teaching staff with access to a host of CPD opportunities, expertise and resources, and helping them strive for excellence in their professional journey.”Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in