Guidance for appropriate bodies, headteachers, school staff and governing bodies.
PDF, 414KB, 48 pages
This guidance comes into force from 1 September 2021. It updates and replaces the induction for newly qualified teachers (NQTs).
This statutory guidance is for:
- school staff
- appropriate bodies
- governing bodies
It applies to:
- local-authority-maintained schools
- academies and free schools
- pupil referral units
- independent schools
- sixth-form colleges
- further education colleges
The guidance covers settings which:
- are required to offer induction to their early career teachers
- choose to offer induction to their early career teachers
The term early career teacher (ECT) replaces newly qualified teacher (NQT).
Published 25 March 2021Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in