The purpose of the Quality Alliance is to allow collaboration between bodies with responsibilities for aspects of quality of apprenticeships and the apprenticeship system, building effective co-ordination to improve quality.
To advise the Institute on:
- A quality statement for apprenticeships [and for the apprenticeship system], including appropriate performance metrics;
- The Institute’s strategy to achieve quality in apprenticeships [and for the system];
- Achieved quality, including issues and problems.
The Quality Alliance will work together collaboratively to deal with quality issues and problems as necessary. The work of the Alliance will be reported to the Institute’s Board and Quality Assurance Committee. Alliance members will report to their own Boards as appropriate.
The Chief Executives or their named nominees from:
- Institute for Apprenticeships & Technical Education (Chair of the Alliance)
- Education and Skills Funding Agency (National Apprenticeship Service)
- Office for Students
- Quality Assurance Agency
- Department for Education
The Association of Employment and Learning Providers, the Association of Colleges, Universities UK and the Federation of Awarding Bodies have been invited to attend as advisers.
The Alliance will meet once per quarter and may create working or task groups as necessary. Alliance members will also work together collaboratively on specific issues and in varying groupings.
The Institute will provide the secretariat function.
4. Confidentiality and Public Communication
Discussions at the Quality Alliance will be confidential. If the Alliance decides to jointly communicate publicly then this will be made with the agreement of all members and actioned by the Institute. Where partners issue their own communications about the Alliance’s work this will be cleared with all members of the Alliance first.