Teaching for Mastery aims to empower and equip teachers to improve pupils’ understanding and attainment in maths.
What you can get
The programme includes:
- leadership and teacher training in the mastery approach to teaching maths
- subject knowledge training
- classroom resources
- professional development sessions
Who can join the programme
Teaching for Mastery is open to all state-funded schools in England.
When it’s available
Activities take place throughout the year at 37 maths hubs across England.
What it costs
Funding is available to support participation. Contact your maths hub for details.
How to apply
Find your nearest maths hub and contact them directly for information about their programme, events and how to apply.
Find out more
See the National Centre for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics (NCETM) and maths hubs programme website for more information.
Published 21 September 2018
Last updated 21 August 2019 + show all updates
- Updated the number of hubs and details of who can join the programme.
- Added a link to the National Centre for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics (NCETM).
- First published.