Advice about post-16 funding regulations.
PDF, 1.11MB, 59 pages
Ref: ESFA 00064-2018 Unnumbered command paper PDF, 896KB, 60 pages
MS Powerpoint Presentation, 283KB
MS Powerpoint Presentation, 270KB
Ref: ESFA-00118-2017PDF, 793KB, 57 pages
MS Powerpoint Presentation, 265KB
MS Powerpoint Presentation, 291KB
Colleges, providers, schools and academies receive annual funding allocations from the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) for provision of 16 to 19 education.
These documents give advice about the use of funds for each funding year.
We have made the following additions and updates to the Funding regulations guidance for 2019 to 2020
- updated student eligibility advice at paragraphs 28 to 31 for any UK exit date
- updated the under-16 student eligibility advice at paragraph 51 to provide clearer information on the funding and recruiting of under 16 year old students
- updated the definition of “exchange schemes” at paragraph 60
- updated advice on planned hours at paragraph 93 to clarify that students must not have planned hours that exceed 40 hours per week for their study programme
- updated advice concerning a change to the condition of funding for students with a grade 2 or below in maths or English. These students can study towards a pass in functional skills level 2 (legacy or reformed) or they can still study towards a GCSE grade 9 to 4. Once they have achieved this, there is no requirement to undertake further maths or English qualifications to meet the condition of funding – see Annex D
Please visit our main funding guidance page for all the latest funding guidance information.
Published 10 March 2014
Last updated 4 June 2019 + show all updates
- We have uploaded the funding regulations for post 16 provision guidance document for 2019 to 2020 and removed older years’ guidance
- To help explain our guidance we have added a powerpoint presentation about post-16 funding regulations for 2018 to 2019.
- Student eligibility guidance presentation for 2018 to 2019 has been added.
- the 16 to 19 funding regulations guidance for 2018 to 2019 has been added
- Funding regulations and funding advice presentation for 2017 to 2018 has been added.
- Added a presentation to support the student eligibility elements of the funding guidance for young people
- Advice: funding regulations for post-16 provision 2017 to 2018 has been added
- Minor update to 16 to 19 funding guidance to reflect the recently published sub-contracting guidance.
- Funding guidance for young people 2016 to 2017 has been added.
- Added 15 16 guidance
- 2014 to 2015 version added to page
- First published.