The Society for Education and Training (SET) are welcoming teaching staff at Lambeth College in London as SET members after the college signed a new Corporate Partnership between the two organisations.
SET is the only professional membership body dedicated to teaching staff and trainers working in further education. The collaboration will see staff at Lambeth College being offered a valuable range of professional development opportunities.
Announcing the partnership, Fiona Morey, Lambeth College Principal, said:
“We are delighted to be working so closely with SET and for our teachers to be able to develop their professional practice through the opportunities offered by SET.
“This investment in our staff complements our desire to be at the cutting edge of evidence based practice and research, and links with the creation of our new Teaching and Learning Professional Development Centre.”
Martin Reid, Director of SET, said:
“Everyone at the Society for Education and Training is proud to welcome on board our latest corporate partner, Lambeth College. Corporate Partnership is a positive step that signals a provider’s commitment both to high-quality development for its staff and teaching for its students.
“This collaboration will see the Lambeth College teaching staff provided with access to a host of CPD opportunities, expertise and resources. It will also help them strive for excellence in their professional journey by enabling them to study for both Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills status and Advanced Teacher Status.”
As SET members, teaching staff at the college will enjoy benefits including:
- The opportunity to study for Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) and Advanced Teacher Status (ATS). SET is the only passport to achieving both QTLS and ATS
- Access to resources, training and teaching tools, research and expert views in further education
- Access to SET’s online research library
- Being part of the largest professional network of teachers and trainers in the further education sector, with opportunities to share expertise and experience with their peers
- Receiving copies of inTuition, the leading journal for practitioners working across further education, vocational teaching and training
- Entitlement to use SET’s membership grade designations after their names: Associate member (ASET), Member (MSET), or Fellow member (FSET), depending on the level of their teaching qualifications.